Livedata Display now also available as Javascript!

Discussion about generation of graphs and tables
admin
Site Admin

Livedata Display now also available as Javascript!

Post by admin » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:43 am

A few months ago we added a javascript alternative to Meteoplugs charting facilities. We did that by updating our license for amcharts to the new javascript libraries and by adapting the chart generation component of Meteoplug.

I am please to announce that we we now also did an upgrade on the live data gauges and dials, which are realized by FusionWidgets from FusionCharts. The flash and javascript variants look quite the same. You will find some minor differences, but all in all results are extremly fine. As a result you can use Meteoplug charting now in its full extent with your non-flash devices, which was a recent request by many users.

Standard chart "live-demo-black" has to be adapted a bit. When you used this as base for your own live data display, you might experience some misalignments with the new display engine. Simply look at the sources of "_live-demo-black" to see what has changed. It is mostly about positioning.

For your comparison you find the flash variant of the new "live-demo-black" (top) and the new javascript version (bottom). As with the other charts, you can use "engine=ja" or "engine=flash" in your chart definition to decide what engine to use, or you can add "&engine=flash" or "&engine=js" to the URL to decide which way to render when calling the chart.

http://www.meteoplug.com/cgi-bin/meteoc ... gine=flash
a2.png
a2.png (95.47 KiB) Viewed 71742 times
http://www.meteoplug.com/cgi-bin/meteoc ... &engine=js
a1.png
a1.png (97.07 KiB) Viewed 71742 times

marco

Re: Livedata Display now also available as Javascript!

Post by marco » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:04 pm

Hi,
all my flash Livedata board's (live-demo-black, I made a few examples of them) are not working anymore??
In all examples the most instruments are missing, and the instruments that are shown, they haven't data inside.
I haven't changed nothing since the last time i tried to use my Flash-graphics... any ideas?

I have removed all my comments in the code like: #comment1, #comment2, but no way to make it run.

Your new javaversion of the "_Live-demo-black" is working fine, all instruments are shown, an with all data inside.!
Does that mean I have to do all my changes from scratch???

thanks for your feedback
Marco

Example Flash:
http://www.meteoplug.com/cgi-bin/meteoc ... b9b6a6b2bf
Last edited by marco on Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

marco

Post by marco » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:51 pm

Hi..
Find out the problem in the flashtemplates, hope so...
near to all (not all) color codes something has removed all #signs, don't know why, instead of: code'#000000' it was code'000000', and this don't work.
Marco

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:05 am

The "#" should be in again. Do you still have problems with that?

marco

Post by marco » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:29 pm

Hi
I have no problems now. Cause I added the '#' to all color-codes, where the '#sign' was missing.
I saw also, that in some other config-lines, there were wrong sings like: double quote "abc" instead of single quote 'abc'
example:
correct: single quote--> ...lowerLimit='-20'....
wrong: double quote--> ...lowerLimit="-20".....

but still don't konw, how or why this happend..?? just one double quote anywhere in the chart makes the template unusable

anyway, after a few hour's "codereading" it was working again.

thanks for asking
marco

ps: maybe copy paste error from this site: http://docs.fusioncharts.com/widgets/

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:05 pm

Reason was, that I changed from pure flash-based fusion-widget to the new version that can also render javascript, which is extrmely usefull when you are working with IOS devices. I tried to cover as much as I could within the meteoplug code generator that feeds this framwork with data. But as with every larger change in the underlying framework some change demands on the user defined graph descriptions could not be avoided.

Sorry, that it took you time, but I hope having it also in javascript now might justify your additional effort a bit.

marco

Post by marco » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:04 pm

Hi
Thanks for your answer...
no problem, all this hours that I spent in meteoplug keeps me up to date in coding stuff :)
maybe I will use only the javascript version in the future.... so thanx for that..!

just one question:
is this: http://docs.fusioncharts.com/widgets/ the last an correct version of manual, or is there a new one with more features, more gauges??? cause U wrote something from an update, that u have done, from that "FusionWidgets" stuff..! Thanx marco

zatnas

Post by zatnas » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:06 am

First up, I realise that Javascript doesn't have a formal 'interface' in the language in the way that other languages do. This isn't about that.

Carlo

Post by Carlo » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:13 pm

Is there an Option to show the Livedata Display with a German Translation ?

Greets Carlo

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:59 am

@carlo: Just change texts in the live data display definitions to German and store the result a name of your liking. So there is no language switch, but you can directly change the "source".