server outages in the morning?

General Discussion about Meteoplug server
Akio

server outages in the morning?

Post by Akio » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:27 pm

Hi Boris,

at first thank you very much for all your support, work and engagement for the meteoplug service! I think it is one of the most innovative weather solutions at the moment. ;)
This morning between 4-8 a.m. and a few months ago as well at that time, I couldn't access the meteoplug webservice as well as any of the generated templates. Therefore I want to ask you, if you know why there are these few outages in the morning? Or is it perhaps possible to predict These outages? :) It's only a little question and I know how difficult it is, to maintain such a great service!

Thanks a lot for your work!
Akio

admin
Site Admin

Re: server outages in the morning?

Post by admin » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:44 am

I can't predict those as I don't understand the reason for it. It worked for months fine until the latest outage.
The system is taking a heavy load during night time because the filesystem (including the DB) is LVM snapshotted
and then a backup of the the whole filesystem is done, while the DB is running full speed in parallel.

When I am back from vacation I will inspect the logs, if I can find something special there.
It could also be some kind of DOS attack that causes the Apache that hosts the mod perl
scripts to get stalled somehow.

Stormedy

Post by Stormedy » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:20 pm

Hello Boris,

this morning monday Aug. 11 from about 1.30 a.m. till 6pm afternoon my station (Meteoplug) weatherboxx could not deliver data to Weather Network, like Wunderground, Awekas and others. I could not find out by the server the reason. But I have to say that the data in my own weather station was still in order! :?:

thanks for a short message

Ed

Stormedy

Post by Stormedy » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:13 pm

Hello Boris,

this morning wednesday 04 from about 4 a.m. till now my station (Meteoplug) weatherboxx could not deliver data to Weather Network, like Wunderground, Awekas and others. I could not find out by the server the reason. But I have to say that the data in my own weather station was still in order! :?:

thanks for a short message

Ed

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:07 am

the weather network feeding process on the Meteoplug server had stalled for an unknown reason. Sorry about that.

Stormedy

Post by Stormedy » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:37 pm

dear boris
i wonder what happened to the meteoplug map showing all the stations with their weather data - since several time nothing can be seen :!: :?:
can you check if something is wrong with your server

thanks a lot
ed

http://wiki.meteoplug.com/wiki/index.ph ... =de#Karten