Davis Init Command function has no affect on davis logger

Discussion about upload/download of data, import/export of foreign formats, etc.
gcams

Davis Init Command function has no affect on davis logger

Post by gcams » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:33 pm

Hi all,

I'm a pretty seasoned MeteoPlug user, with a couple of Meteoplug sites and also a Meteohub site in active service. Recently, I brought a new site online using a Davis Vantage Vue weather station, with inbuilt data logger. However, I have found that the "Init Command" shown on the Weather Station settings page seems to have no effect on the Davis internal logger archival period.

I proved this during 2 recent outages, where the Davis stopped communicating with the meteoplug client (TPLink MR3020), due to a USB issue. On the first occasion, I noticed that the Vantage's internal archival period was set to 30 minutes (I think this is the Davis, out of box default). So after the first outage, I set the "Init Command" setting to "clear internal records and set interval to 5 minutes" and then saved the changes.

This restarted the meteoplug logger daemon (as expected), although nothing in the Client log file made any mention of the change of the archival interval in the Davis logger (which I thought odd). Anyway, when the second USB issue happened just recently, I reset the meteoplug box (TPLink) and meteoplug read the internal logger to get the missing data, but the data is still only in 30 minute intervals, despite me making the change above to set it to 5 minutes.

**It almost seems as though something has changed in Meteoplug, which has stopped this option from working. I know it did work a year or so ago, as I have another site and I remember making the same change on it and it worked OK, but that was at least 12 months ago.**

**EDIT: I just checked my other meteoplug weather station and based on the last time it had to read the davis logger, the logger is stuck at 30 minute intervals too. So perhaps this feature never worked in meteoplug?

Any thoughts or help on the above would be most appreciated. I could open a terminal session to the davis logger and issue the appropriate command directly, but the station is in a remote location, and it would be much easier if the meteoplug setting could correctly make the change for me, as it has done so for me in recent years.

Many thanks and kind regards,
Graham

admin
Site Admin

Re: Davis Init Command function has no affect on davis logger

Post by admin » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:23 am

Are you uaing bifferboards or MR3020 as client platform?