Real-time update of rain data in Fusion Charts?

Discussion about generation of graphs and tables
ironedge

Real-time update of rain data in Fusion Charts?

Post by ironedge » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:48 pm

I really like the (nearly) real-time Fusion Chart Graphs which show actual data (updated every 10sec) of my Davis VP2 through the meteoplug Client (TL-MR3020 with SW V2.3). Unfortunately, the only data that is not updated real-time is the rain data. The rain data only gets updated during the general 10 minutes update interval from the meteoplug client.

During heavy rain I often like to watch the rain value going up, but at the moment I can only do that on the separate Davis console directly. It would be fantastic if the rain data could also be updated every 10sec on the Fusion Chart Graphs like all other data (temp, wind, solar, pressure, etc.).

Many thanks in advance for considering this for a future version.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Real-time update of rain data in Fusion Charts?

Post by admin » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:41 pm

Hard to realize, as raintotal of today (as example) is not directly available from the station (it just provides the rain bucket counter). Therefore, Meteoplug needs to detect counter increases and has to calculate a new daily rain from this. The live data is so far just data, which the station directly provides, like temp, wind, etc, but nothing to be computed on the server side first.

ironedge

Post by ironedge » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:40 pm

Thanks for your reply and explanation. Ok, I assumed that there is a special challenge related to this, otherwise you'd have done this already, of course. If you find a feasible way to handle it one day, it would be really fantastic. But I also understand if this is not on the top of your priority list.

billhood

Post by billhood » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:14 pm

During heavy rain I often like to watch the rain value going up, but at the moment I can only do that on the separate Davis console directly. It would be fantastic if the rain data could also be updated every 10sec on the Fusion Chart Graphs like all other data (temp, wind, solar, pressure, etc.).