New Server Hardware Coming Ahead

General Discussion about Meteoplug server
admin
Site Admin

New Server Hardware Coming Ahead

Post by admin » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:03 pm

Current Meteoplug server hardware does actually run into limits when a database backup is performed in parallel to regular operation, which happens every night. As you can see from the server statistics data computation can lag behind to up to 2 hours, which is not meeting my performance expectation.

Reason for that is the combination of a large Database (700GB, about 2000 clients did ever made contact to the server, about 800 clients are actively sending all their logged data in 10 minute intervalls), asynchronous logging and data retrieval operations and background tasks doing a backup of the database in parallel to normal operation via a LVM snapshot mimik.

To get this fixed I finished building a much more powerfull server that can handle up to 1.5TB of data and the best, it is all purely stored on SSD! This server is already in a rack at my hosting partner and first tests show that "data computation lagging behind" is something from the past. It has completely gone.

So if you are bored with Meteoplug data sometimes lagging behind, please give me 2 or 3 more weeks to finally have this solved, when the new machine takes over Meteoplug operation.
front-800.jpg
front-800.jpg (26.88 KiB) Viewed 7468 times