Upgrade to latest version?

Discussion about user administration features of Meteoplug (register, login, change MAC, buy license, demo license, ...)
ironedge

Upgrade to latest version?

Post by ironedge » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:56 am

Hi all, I hope I found the right topic to place my question.
I'm running a Davis VP2 with the "weatherboxx" (TL-MR3020) and meteostick/meteoplug since July this year. I bought the weatherboxx/meteostick from meteo.cc as a pre-installed system and it works fine so far. I really love this very smooth and effective solution!

As one of the very few minor flaws, I'm also suffering from the invalid "actual_rain0_rate" values (showing values >0mm/h for hours after rainfall), as somebody described in the meteohub.de Forum. There it was said that this issue has been resolved with "Version 5.0".

I tried to read all Forum / wiki / Getting Started pages around meteohub /meteoplug to figure out how I could upgrade to a new version that resolves this issue, but I could not find or understand the answer.

Currently I'm running for the meteoplug Client (the TL-MR3020) "FW-Version 1.1" and "SW-Version: 2.2 (Build 4343)". The luci Interface tells me "OpenWrt Barrier Breaker r34065 / LuCI Trunk (trunk+svn9415)".

The MeteoPlug System Information says "4.9 (Build 7093)" but I guess that's the meteoplug server side that I cannot influence.

Any information about how to upgrade what and where in general would be much appreciated (so I learn this also for future upgrades). Any help especially for getting rid of the invalid rain rate values would be fantastic.

Thank you very much in advance!

admin
Site Admin

Re: Upgrade to latest version?

Post by admin » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:55 pm

I made the latest SW stack also available for the Meteoplug clients on TL-MR3020 now.
Just reboot your Meteoplug client.

ironedge

Post by ironedge » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:36 am

Great news, thank you very much!

I did the reboot and it I'm now on "FW:2.3 (Build 4891)" and for meteoplug it reports "5.0 (Build 7111)".
Let's wait for the next rain to come :)

Some things I noticed:
- In the Client log it says since the reboot several times per minute: logger (26.09.2014 08:24:07): station 0 (Meteostick), suspicious raintotal (undetected): total/old 25.6/20.4mm ([...my MAC ...]) [b3:66] -74db
- In the Server log it says at least once a minute: info: Sep 26 10:24:13 psi LOGRAW [..myMAC..]: WAN IP 188.63.XXX.XXX: no raw data

I guess the Client log message means that currently it's ignoring any rain data that is coming, right? What do I have to do? Set a new "Null" Point for rain data in the "Datenansicht" (Data View)?

ironedge

Post by ironedge » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:04 pm

Since around 11:30h CET the "no raw data" message does not re-appear in the Server Log any more.
The "suspicious raintotal" message in the Client Log is still there.

ironedge

Post by ironedge » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:44 am

I still have the "suspicious raintotal" message in the Client Log. Setting a new "Null" Point for rain data didn't help.
I would much appreciate if I could get feedback on the Background / Impact of this message. I would be very disappointed if I'd miss rain data because of this.
Thank you!

ironedge

Post by ironedge » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:02 pm

Some more news from my side.
I realized that sum values of yesterday suddenly show invalid data (wrong "tempmax" with wrong "tepmaxtime", etc.). I can't tell since when, I think this early morning it was still ok. Nothing was done on my side, except of setting the "null" point for rain data this morning. Values of other days in the past seem to be correct, still.
I triggered a "Alles Neuberechnen" (recalculate all), now the values are correct again.

I still have, however, this "suspicious raintotal" message in the Client Log at least once a minute.
Any Input would be much appreciated.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:33 pm

"no raw" data should not draw your attention, this is just the high-frequncy polling (not just every 10 minutes) when you have done changes on the admin interface on the Meteoplug server. Client does then poll more often for config changes and this type of interaction does not include sending of raw data, which still comes every 10 minutes or so.

I will have a look at the "suspicious" message. This informs that there might have been a false rain data reading via RF.
a jump by 5 mm looks suspicious by the internal checks. No idea why this triggers at your client again and again.
Can you please send your Meteoplug account name to "info(at)meteoplug.com"?

ironedge

Post by ironedge » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:03 am

Thanks for the additional clarifications, and for taking care!
I sent you the account name as requested.

ironedge

Post by ironedge » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:12 am

Any news yet? I still get these "suspicious raintotal" messages filling up the log.