Meteoplug goes Fritz!Box 7270

Discussion of general Meteoplug client topics
admin
Site Admin

Meteoplug goes Fritz!Box 7270

Post by admin » Mon May 10, 2010 5:46 pm

A first experimental port of Meteoplug Client has been done for Fritz!Box 7270.
Please find details in the wiki in sections "hardware" and "getting started".

It is easy to install and allows you to directly connect your weather station to your 7270.
Data is uploaded to Meteoplug server and things should work as expected... apart from new bugs popping up for sure. :roll:

This is my first port of Meteoplug to a router platform :D and I am happy that this could be achieved in a short time.
"freetz" development environment for Fritz!Box was easy to deal with and 7270 is very popular in Germany/Europe.

Having this stabilized during the next couple of weeks, more supported platforms might be coming ahead. :D

majland

Re: Meteoplug goes Fritz!Box 7270

Post by majland » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:09 pm

This is very interesting - and might be just what makes me dump meteohub on the linksys nslu2 since i already have a 7270. But what i understand from the wiki is that it is a replacement image and not just a plugin. I'm a bit nervous trusting both my Internet connectivity and all my sip phone lines with a unofficial image...

Well I'll probably wait for it to be "stabialized" and listen to others success stories first before taking the plunge. Hmm maybe it is time to look for a cheap 7270 on ebay so i don't have to mess with a "production system".

So just wanted to let you know that there is interest in the port :-)

(but again my NSLU2 uses for less than 15 euro/year in power so there is still a gap to the meteoplug license. So as long the old one is running ok i'll have to look more at the new features to justify the cost)

admin
Site Admin

Re: Meteoplug goes Fritz!Box 7270

Post by admin » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:57 am

it is just a plugin, but it comes in the flavor of an replacement image. So no worry, your FB firmware will be mainly untouched and you can even uninstall the Meteoplug components by installing the "uninstall-image".