"No data" in red box - server issues/maintenance? **solved**

General Discussion about Meteoplug server
ironedge

"No data" in red box - server issues/maintenance? **solved**

Post by ironedge » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:51 pm

I assume the meteoplug Server is undergoing maintenance / upgrade (I saw "Build 7118", compared to "Build 7111" so far), but just to be sure I'm posting this here.

Currently I get a "No data" message in a red box for pre-defined Graphs that have been working smoothly so far. It also looks like it depends on the timeframe. Daily and Weekly Graphs do not work, the same Graphs with a Monthly timeframe work (just checked a few).

If you use a graph in an iFrame, you get a "Server Error" saying "Premature end of script headers: meteochart.cgi".

If you are aware of it and it is a side effect of Server upgrades then no worries, I'll simply wait until it's finished and working smoothly again as usual. I case it's an unwanted issue then I hope my message helps resolving it.

Edit: Forgot to mention: The "Server Status" frame on http://www.meteoplug.com also shows the same "Server Error" message.

admin
Site Admin

Re: "No data" in red box - server issues / maintenance?

Post by admin » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:49 pm

I had to do some certificate updates to cover SSL encryption exploits. But this was just a few minutes.
Do you still have the problem? Can you please post a link to the graphs affected?

godspeedj

Post by godspeedj » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:20 pm

My chart definitions aren't working either (on my website or when I display them in my meteoplug client). I'm receiving either blank charts or:

Server error!

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.

Error message:
Premature end of script headers: meteochart.cgi

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

Error 500

you can see the problem here: http://www.alpenhausconsulting.com/AlpenhausOfficeWx

Thanks,

Aaron

ironedge

Post by ironedge » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:00 pm

Yes, the Problem still exists. See my dashboard:
http://wetter.isenegger.org/alle-wetterdaten/

Also, some template variables, showing values of the previous day, are showing incorrect values (see section "Vortag"). There it shows 0mm rain for yesterday but the monthly rain graph shows 5.4mm for yesterday. Also, the sunshine duration for yesterday is incorrectly displayed there.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:20 pm

Fixing one bug, did raise another... Should now be solved, please retry.

ironedge

Post by ironedge » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:00 pm

Yes it works fine again, and the template variables also show the correct data again. Thanks for the quick fix.