Changing x86 VM to iConnect M.hub, M.plug license problems?

All about Meteohub systems feeding data to a Meteoplug server
MrReview

Changing x86 VM to iConnect M.hub, M.plug license problems?

Post by MrReview » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:57 am

Hi,

I tried Meteohub as a virtual machine running under Windows 7 and I found it to work nicely with my VP2 and Fjord logger. However, I need to change to smaller Meteohub hardware, as my Win PC pulls 40+ Watts even in idle. I'd like to go for an iOmega iConnect and upgrade my Meteohub license.

Currently I am also using a Meteoplug demo license and I am very much impressed with its live data display and graphing features. Now, here's my question:

Would there be problems with a full (one-year) Meteoplug license that I activate before the setup change to iConnect Meteohub? Or should I rather wait until the new MH hardware is up and running and then upgrade my Meteoplug demo license?

Thanks Boris for making weather data collection and graphing such a great experience. Your software really got me hooked on this.

Cheers,
Chris

admin
Site Admin

Re: Changing x86 VM to iConnect M.hub, M.plug license problems?

Post by admin » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:47 pm

Meteoplug service is connected to the MAC of the sending Meteohub. When you change the Meteohub system, MAC will change and your Meteoplug Account will not receive data anymore. But to solve this is easy, you simply tell your Meteoplug account about the new MAC and operation will go on as expected.

So you don't have to wait with the Meteoplug-License for the iConnect upgrade. All is easy, if you get struck by migration problems, I will help.

Cock146

Post by Cock146 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:52 am

Would there be problems with a full (one-year) Meteoplug license that I activate before the setup change to iConnect Meteohub? Or should I rather wait until the new MH hardware is up and running and then upgrade my Meteoplug demo license?
Usman

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:05 am

Meteoplug licenses can be migrated to new MACs.