Changing batteries in sensor...

All about tiny Bifferboards used as Meteoplug clients
skyewright

Changing batteries in sensor...

Post by skyewright » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:41 am

Hi,

Yesterday I changed the batteries in a couple of OS sensors (ID's thb0 & th10) that are received by an RFXCOM receiver connected to a Bifferboard (Version: 1.0 (Build 3312)).

After changing the batteries the "#" of the sensors changed (as expected) so after the first upload with new data I visited the Meteoplug server and reasigned the relevant IDs to the new #'s (i.e. just as I would do with Meteohub).

All that went fine and the Meteohub server is happily recording data from the new #'s to the correct ID's. :)

However if I look directly at the Bifferboard client it doesn't seem to 'know' about the re-assignment, i.e. it is showing thb0 & th10 (with the old #'s) as not having reported data for 18 hours, and two un-assigned sensors with the new #'s.

This is not a problem (if I want to see the data I'm more likely to use server based charts than to look direct at the local interface, and I'm sure the effect would "go away" if I rebooted the Bifferboard), but it is what is expected?
David

skyewright

Re: Changing batteries in sensor...

Post by skyewright » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:51 am

Answering my own question...
skyewright wrote:This is not a problem (if I want to see the data I'm more likely to use server based charts than to look direct at the local interface, and I'm sure the effect would "go away" if I rebooted the Bifferboard), but it is what is expected?
Sadly, it was a problem. :(

After 2 days I discovered that although the sensor page showed the new assignments, the data values were not appearing in Inspect Data. :(
I should have checked earlier. :oops:

As an experiment I use the "Restart Logger" button (before I had used "Save & Restart Data Logging"). That seems to have sorted things out now, i.e. the Bifferboard Meteoplug client now knows about the re-assignments, and data for the re-assigned sensors is appearing in Inspect Data and is available on charts.

I just checked in the Wiki's Sensors page and "Restart Logger" does not appear to be documented at present.
David