Go back exactly 24hours for e.g. Temp, hum, etc.

Discussion about generation of graphs and tables
marco

Go back exactly 24hours for e.g. Temp, hum, etc.

Post by marco » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:48 am

Hi
I try to create a HTML-table to show some data from the past.

the goal is:
To show the temp, hum, press etc. 24hours back from the actual time. (Now)
I tried many things, and played arround with this.
[24H_min5_th*_temp_1:--] or with [-24H_min5_th*_temp_1:--]
but if I do that, it shows the data like(+/- 1hour), is that correct? If yes is there a way to go back in smaller steps then hours? Lets say in minutes.
So if I could go back 24h (1440Minutes) then the data would more exactly like (+/- 1minute) from now. Is that correct and possible? if yes, how can i do that?

I tried many different variants but no way to hit the exact Datas. As they are shown in the "inspect Data" window.
Thanks marco
:?:

ironedge

Re: Go back exactly 24hours for e.g. Temp, hum, etc.

Post by ironedge » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:37 pm

I would support such a request. Going back an exact amount of time (e.g. 180 minutes or exactly 3 hours) would be a great feature. E.g. on my website I show the delta for pressure of the last 3 hours. With the current features, it's not really 3 hours but it can be up to 1 hour off. This renders the pressure delta value a bit useless, especially when you would like to derive forecast intelligence form that value. Funnily, according to web documentation I think this "exact delta" feature exists for Meteohub but not on Meteoplug.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon May 25, 2015 8:35 pm

Have a look at the wiki please, section Time Rages:
http://wiki.meteoplug.com/Define_Chart#Time_Ranges

According to the explanations there, "24h" is the time range you are looking for.

ironedge

Post by ironedge » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:56 pm

Thanks. Yes, I'm aware of that section. I tried this earlier already but it doesn't work with template variables. Only "24H" works, "24h" doesn't seem to be supported on the Meteoplug platform with templates.

Wvdkuil

Post by Wvdkuil » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:13 am

ironedge wrote:Thanks. Yes, I'm aware of that section. I tried this earlier already but it doesn't work with template variables. Only "24H" works, "24h" doesn't seem to be supported on the Meteoplug platform with templates.
I have the same problem, not with 24 hours but with the trend-part of my template.
I need temp/dew and so on for 5-10-15-30-45-60-75-90-120 minutes ago.
Nearly all weatherprograms are capable to supply those values.
Meteobridge can not. Meteohub can, as it has the "seq"-values to calculate those fields from.

The WiKi tells it: Template Settings => Numeric Variables => " Lower letter definitions can't be used "
Only H D M Y No m or h

I thought I could test it in the Meteoplug version of my template and i tested these tags
[5m_min5_th0_temp:0] [10m_min5_th0_temp:0] [15m_min5_th0_temp:0] and so on.
These tags are accepted, also when using debug:1, no error message, but they are not calculated.
Only a 0 value is returned as again the WiKI tells me " Using inappropriate timeframe defintions will lead to empty results."

It is a pity,

Wim

ironedge

Post by ironedge » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:38 am

Hi Boris,
Are there any plans to integrate the support of going back an exact amount of time, as stated earlier? This would really be very useful.
Thanks&Best Regards!