TL-MR3020: The Bifferboard successor

All about the new openwrt-based and WLAN enabled Meteoplug client platforms.
admin
Site Admin

TL-MR3020: The Bifferboard successor

Post by admin » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:27 am

As bifferboards are going EOL a sucessor has to be found. For this we had the following items on our wish list
  • cheap
  • good world-wide availability
  • easy to patch into a Meteoplug client
  • WLAN would be great
  • full developer access including kernel sources and cross-compile toolchain. Ok, this is my special whish not so important for you ;) )
So I am proud to introduce the TL-MR3020 from TP-LINK, which fulfills all requested features and even has WLAN. Base of the Meteoplug port is Linux based free router operating system openwrt. They do support the MR3020 in an excellent way. Bringing the Meteoplug client port on top of this was quite straight forward. Many thanks to the openwrt team, which did a phantastic job on porting openwrt to the TL-MR3020.
TP-MR3020-w250.jpg
TP-MR3020-w250.jpg (9.74 KiB) Viewed 19655 times
So when you plan to buy HW for a Meteoplug solution, I strongly recommend to go with TL-MR3020. You will find more details here:
http://wiki.meteoplug.com/Hardware#TP-Link_TL-MR3020

A step by step description how to set it up, can be found here:
http://wiki.meteoplug.com/Getting_Start ... lug_Client

Documentation is available in English and German. I hope yu will like the new client as much as I do.

AlaskaWX

Re: TL-MR3020: The Bifferboard successor

Post by AlaskaWX » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:09 am

Boris,

Nice job on the OpenWRT port for meteoplug! I lke the use of the ram disc on /tmp/opt/home for the meteoplug software. Good idea to ruduce the wear on the flash-memory. The wget to reterive the meteoplug software is also nice. Meteoplug software will always be current that way. :D

I managed to use the OpenWRT toolchain crosscompiler to compile the binary for a gcc plugin that I have been using on meteohub for a while. It compiled on x86 Debian 6 with the crosscompiler for the MIPS processor on the MR3020 without modification. It runs under meteoplug on the OpenWRT ML3020 meteoplug just fine! A quick edit to /etc/rc.local copies it to the ram disc on system startup to /home/meteohub where meteoplug runs.

Again, great work!
Thanks, Fred
:ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:

Werni

Post by Werni » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:58 pm

I want to upgrade this router with the meteoplug- firmware.
but i get the error " 18005" ,it means " please check the name" or
incorrect version.
Now the version of the firmware is 3.14.2
I upgrade the firmware by using the browser Gui.
WhereI can I get a correct firmware ?
Thank you
Werner

DidierRDV

Post by DidierRDV » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:45 am

bonjour
je me pose des question sur comment on fait pour que cela fonctionne car je ne trouve pas le mots de passe de démarrage
je m’explique j'ai donc acheter le TP-LINK TL-MR3020 Router copier et installer image :(

en conclusion je me demande quel sont les connaissance a avoir pour faire fonctionne ce produit ou la licence et une arnaque ? 60€ :cry: quand même cela fait chier pour ce prix on devrais avoir un System qui fonctionne du premier coups :evil:

je cherche donc comment faire quand on es pas informaticien juste clients normal qui veux faire partager cet condition météo ?
si quel un a des idées pour le faire ? :idea:

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu May 02, 2013 12:18 am

DidierRDV wrote:bonjour
je me pose des question sur comment on fait pour que cela fonctionne car je ne trouve pas le mots de passe de démarrage
je m’explique j'ai donc acheter le TP-LINK TL-MR3020 Router copier et installer image :(

en conclusion je me demande quel sont les connaissance a avoir pour faire fonctionne ce produit ou la licence et une arnaque ? 60€ :cry: quand même cela fait chier pour ce prix on devrais avoir un System qui fonctionne du premier coups :evil:

je cherche donc comment faire quand on es pas informaticien juste clients normal qui veux faire partager cet condition météo ?
si quel un a des idées pour le faire ? :idea:
Please use English to to phrase your comments/questions. This is not a French forum.
If you need help in setting up your Meteoplug, you can ask for it in an appropriate manner.
Most didn't had any trouble in setting up the MR3020. I have one case where installing the
Meteoplug firmware was not working, as the original firmware did not allow to flash this.
What your 60 Euro problem is and why you feel ripped off and why in general you use such
bad language in expressing your technical problems is a miracle to me.