Issue [1M_month1_rain*_total_1] not working **solved**

Discussion about generation of graphs and tables
ironedge

Issue [1M_month1_rain*_total_1] not working **solved**

Post by ironedge » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:32 am

Potentially since the upgrade to Meteoplug V5.0 the following tag does only return "--" instead of the total rain of the current month: [1M_month1_rain*_total_1#86400]

It worked in the months before but as of 1st October, it only shows "--".
There is rain data of this month for my station correctly registered, and in the related graphs/tables it's displayed correctly (currently 28.2mm for October).
The tag [-1M_month1_rain*_total_1#86400] to display the total rain of the previous month works fine.

Any suggestions are much appreciated!
Thank you.

ironedge

Re: Issue with V5.0? [1M_month1_rain*_total_1] not working

Post by ironedge » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:15 am

Any news here please?
This issue has an impact on my productive website, showing the wrong rain total for the current month. Feedback if this is worked on and a quick resolution would be very appreciated. Not sure if this is related to the other reported issue "suspicious raintotal" where I'm kindly awaiting feedback, too.
Thank you for your support.

ironedge

Post by ironedge » Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:26 pm

Problem solved:

The string [1M_month1_rain*_total_1#86400] which worked in the last months, does not work any more with V5.0 of Meteoplug. Also [actual_month1_rain*_total_1#86400] does not work. The string [actual_month1_rain*_total_1] however works with V5.0 (without the "#86400").

Obviously, the parsing somehow changed with V5.0 server-side. This is okay but it would be very appreciated if a proper Change Log for version changes would be available. It would have helped my to save several hours of testing and would have avoided that my productive Website was lacking this value for 11 days.

Also, V5.0 solves this nasty issue with the "rain rate" value and it works now as expected (thanks for solving this!!). A customer, however, will not know about this unless he spends quite some time in the Forum, searching for specific postings. A Change Log would make life easier and would also be a good location to promote all the great improvements we get with new versions.

Thanks again for the improvements with V5.0, and I hope my feedback is seen in a constructive way, because it is meant that way.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:40 pm

There was a tricky bug that occurs only in months that have a change in day-time-savings (Sommerzeit/Winterzeit).
It was fixed today and as it is something on the server side, you don't have to do anything from your side. It should work now ok.

BTW: The bug was there from the beginning, nothing new with v5, ooops....

ironedge

Post by ironedge » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:03 pm

Great news, thanks for solving this issue!!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:38 pm

There is another fresh bug having to do with a SSL certificate update I had to do.
At the moment it forces all requests to HTTPS, which makes trouble when being i-framed from a non-SSL page.

However, when you call the charts from your browser directly, they now should all work fine again.

P.S.: Forcing to HTTPS is disabled again. Everything should work as before.

ironedge

Re: Issue [1M_month1_rain*_total_1] not working **solved**olv

Post by ironedge » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:23 pm

On my PC everything works fine again. Funnily, on my Android mobile devices I still have an issue with my dashboard and the map graph which are both still not displayed correctly (no error message, it's simply not displayed). Not sure if this is related to todays reported issues or anything else related to my hosting service (although I didn't change anything in my side recently). Also, it doesn't work when I directly call it through the meteoplug.com "Show Graph" interface in my Android tablet and mobile:
https://www.meteoplug.com/cgi-bin/meteo ... 3927322e20

https://www.meteoplug.com/cgi-bin/meteo ... 0a16051f13

Restarting the devices and clearing cache didn't help.

ironedge

Re: Issue [1M_month1_rain*_total_1] not working **solved**olv

Post by ironedge » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:42 pm

OK, to make it even more funny: After upgrading Chrome to the newest Version on the mobile (had it in the 2nd newest), it works again. Same upgrade on the tablet didn't help. I guess I wait for tomorrow ... must be a "local" effect I assume (although I cleared the cache again) ... maybe it resolves itself until tomorrow.

ironedge

Re: Issue [1M_month1_rain*_total_1] not working **solved**

Post by ironedge » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:21 pm

Interesting: It was working again since Saturday on all devices except of the mentioned Android tablet. Today, as a last measure, I deinstalled and reinstalled the Chrome browser on the tablet, now it also works there. Something must have messed up the browser, although every other website worked fine. Well, the strange world of IT ...